How to participate
- Between now and December 15th, 2019, write a blog post on the subject of “An Annotated Bibliography of the Inside of My Head,” listing books that you think about all the time, and describing why each book is on the list.
- Include a link to this post, so people can understand what’s going on and join in if they like.
- Drop a comment here, including:
- Your name, as you want it shown.
- The direct link to your blog post.
- A sentence or two to entice people to click through and read your post.
- Mention this on social media, if you like, and encourage your friends to participate.
- Around December 16th-20th, I’ll post a roundup post with links to all the posts that have been submitted.
- At that point you can edit your own post, or make a new one, pointing to the roundup.
How many books should I list?
However many you want. I’m thinking I’ll do about a dozen, but we’ll see.
Fiction or non-fiction?
Do they have to be recent?
Not at all. If the Code of Hammurabi is something you’re always thinking about and pushing other people to read, feel free to include it.
How can I link to a place to acquire the books without supporting Amazon?
I’m so glad you asked! You might like to link to Indiebound (which covers the US) or WorldCat (for libraries). You could also check to see if the author or publisher has their own website with direct purchase links.
Support my work
Hi, I'm Alex. I'm an independent researcher, writer, educator and activist based in Ballarat, Australia. If you appreciate my work, please consider becoming a patron on Patreon. Even $1 a month helps!
Not only will you help me do more work like this, but you'll also get regular updates and sneak peeks at my work in progress.