Every time I take an aptitude test, I come up as half “analytical”, half “creative”. The best way to describe me is as a generalist with an insatiable thirst for knowledge and an unstoppable urge to make things.
My professional background
I’ve got 20 years professional experience in the technology industry, as well as considerable non-profit and small business experience. I’ve worked in Australia, Canada and the US including a stint at Google in San Francisco.
My job responsibilities have been extremely varied and over the years have included:
- Software development and product management
- Database design
- IT management and infrastructure
- Project management
- Technical writing and training
- Marketing and public relations
- Community building and volunteer management
I’ve been blogging since the late 1990s (on WordPress since 2006). At present you can find my writing at:
- Eat Local Ballarat – helping the people of Ballarat to eat more locally, seasonally and sustainably.
- Spinster’s Bayley – resilient living in regional Victoria.